Over 60 Years of Leadership
Innovation, performance, and service make Sonobond the smart choice for ultrasonic welders. In 1960, Sonobond (then known as Aeroprojects) received the first patent for ultrasonic metal welding. Since then, the company has received more than 150 additional patents. These include not only metal welders, but custom-engineered ultrasonic bonders of all types. Today Sonobond produces equipment for:
- Ultrasonic Metal welding
- Ultrasonic Textile bonding
- Ultrasonic Plastic bonding
- Ultrasonic Nonwoven bonding
- Ultrasonic Filter assembly
- Ultrasonic Photovoltaic cell assembly
- Ultrasonic body armor assembly
- Ultrasonic Battery assembly
A Wide Variety of Applications
Sonobond's ultrasonic machinery is used by companies around the world. Its state-of-the-art product line includes the following:
- The SonoWeld® 1600 Ultrasonic Metal Spot Welder for non-ferrous similar or dissimilar metal spot welds, wire-to-terminal welds, unique welding of tin-coated metals, aluminum welding, and battery assembly.
- The Dual Head Ultrasonic Metal Spot Welder, with two welding heads for increased welding capacity, for welding non-ferrous sheet metal and aluminum up to 3mm thick, unique welding of tin-coated metals, and welding up to 100 layers of anode and cathode foils to tabs and terminals for lithium-ion and NiMH batteries.
- The SpliceRite™ Wire Splicer for fast, efficient wire harness assembly.
- The Dual Head SpliceRite™ Wire Welder, with two welding heads for increased welding capacity, for welding copper wire bundles up to 100 sq. mm cross sectional area, and unique welding of tin-coated wire bundles up to 60 sq. mm. cross sectional area.
- The SeamMaster® Ultrasonic Sewing Machine line for bonding synthetics and nonwovens - a process that cuts, "sews," and seals in just one pass - creating leak-proof seams that are strong and regulatory-compliant.
- The SeamMaster® High Profile, PlungeBonder™, and RingMaster™ bonders for superior assembly of filters, medical and PPE fabric items, hazmat gear and body armor components.
- The Photovoltaic (PV) Modular System for welding interconnects on solar panels.
- The SureWeld™ line for ultrasonic plastic bonding - including an optional microprocessor-controlled power supply that can be attached or mounted separately.
- The powerful WeldMaster™ for superior spot welding.
- Plus a large selection of other ultrasonic welding and bonding equipment.
You can purchase, rent, or lease Sonobond ultrasonic welders and bonders as stand-alone units or as modular systems for integration into your production line or custom equipment.
Sonobond ultrasonic equipment is used by leading manufacturers in the automotive, appliance, filtration, HVAC, apparel, aerospace, medical, electronic, electrical, photovoltaics, battery, and ballistic vests/body armor fields. All machinery is dependable, environmentally friendly, and easy to operate.
Call 1-800-323-1269 to see if your application can be improved using Sonobond's ultrasonic bonding technology.
When it comes to ultrasonics, Sonobond is the name to rely on.