Customer Specifications Can Now Be Achieved With Greater Assurance By Using the Data-Driven Capabilities of Our Latest Innovation
West Chester, Pa – January 21, 2021 – Sonobond Ultrasonics, the company that invented ultrasonic metal welding in 1960, announces its Advanced HMI with Smart Touchscreen, created to add the data-driven capabilities necessary to better meet customer specifications.
The Smart Touchscreen enables easy access to multiple functions that are designed to produce the highest quality welds. The main features include:
- Four welding modes, including time, energy, height, and height with energy;
- Real-time monitoring and adjustment of energy, power, pre-height and final height weld parameters;
- Sequential job selections to run multiple, separate jobs consecutively;
- Feedback on weld results, displaying graphs of pressure and power ranges, system settings, and adherence to pre-set Acceptable and/or Custom weld limits;
- Weld history log that saves data on the last 1000 welds, and exports it via USB interface for analysis and trending projections.
Ensure Repeatably Accurate, Quality Welds
Utilizing our proprietary, patented Wedge-Reed System – essential for strong, precise, highly conductive welds – the Advanced HMI with Smart Touchscreen can easily be incorporated into any of our American-made ultrasonic metal welders, including our most requested equipment:
- SonoWeld® 1600 Digital Metal Spot Welder,
- Dual Head Metal Spot Welder,
- SpliceRite™ Wire Splicer,
- Dual Head SpliceRite™ Wire Splicer,
- The Single Point Ground Welder.
Security and Selection Features
In addition to easy set up and operation of functions that ensure quality welds, Sonobond’s Advanced HMI with Smart Touchscreen includes features that provide operational security as well as enhanced selection options:
- Operator, Manager, and Administrator levels for operation and access management;
- Alarm that prevents the welder from continuing after three consecutive failed welds;
- Diagnostics for troubleshooting;
- On-screen manuals and help files;
- Alerts for maintenance;
- Selection of units of measurement; and
- Six language selections.
Advanced HMI Videos Show Data-Driven Functions
We have produced two videos on our Advanced HMI with Smart Touchscreen. The “Introductory Video” gives a two-minute summary of features. The five-minute “Full Feature List Video” provides descriptions of all the data-driven capabilities designed for greater specification success. See them at www.SonobondUltrasonics.com/hmi.
No Charge Welding Viability Tests
Sonobond offers no-charge, no-obligation metal welding viability tests using your own parts to produce sample welds. This will show you which model and tooling is best for your application, and how our Advanced HMI can ensure weld specifications are achieved. You can evaluate the results and confirm the quality of our process before placing an order.
A Track Record of Industry Leadership and Customer Service
Sonobond Ultrasonics is a worldwide leader in the application of ultrasonic bonding and welding technology. We have developed a comprehensive offering of innovative, quality-engineered products during our 60+ years of operation. We manufacture ultrasonic assembly equipment for leading firms in the aerospace, apparel, appliance, automotive, ballistics, battery, electrical, environmental, filtration, HVAC, medical and solar industries.
Additionally, Sonobond employees have earned a positive reputation for providing exceptional customer service and outstanding technical support before, during and after equipment installation. We are committed to ensuring that our ultrasonic equipment is introduced swiftly and smoothly to any manufacturing operation.