- Features two ultrasonic welding heads, one on either side of the welding area, for increased welding capacity
- Welds non-ferrous sheet metal, including aluminum up to 3mm thick, and reduces tip sticking on thinner aluminum as used for automotive applications
- Welds up to 100 layers of anode and cathode foils – as thin as seven microns – without tearing – to battery tabs and terminals for lithium-ion and NiMH batteries. These batteries are used in electric vehicles, charging stations, and high-capacity energy storage batteries.
- Uniquely joins metals that are oxidized or lightly tinned – in just one pulse and without pre-cleaning – using our exclusive, patented Wedge-Reed System
- Creates a solid-state metallurgical bond with high conductivity and without producing arcs, sparks or fumes, or melting at the weldment.
- Microprocessor controller recalls up to 250 weld protocols, can weld by time, energy or height* and provides automatic frequency control and overload protection
- Uses Sonobond's 3,500 watt power supply
* Pre-weld and post-weld height measurements are available when machine is equipped with our Advanced HMI
View the Sonobond Ultrasonic Metal Spot Welding video