- Performs spot welds, as well as wire-to-terminal welding
- Welds multiple layers of anode and cathode foils – as thin as seven microns – without tearing – to battery tabs and terminals for lithium-ion and NiMH batteries. These batteries are used in electric vehicles, charging stations, and high-capacity energy storage batteries.
- Joins up to 10 stranded wires from flat flexible circuit to multi-connection terminals in a single pulse
- Uniquely joins metals that are oxidized or tinned – in just one pulse and without pre-cleaning – using our exclusive, patented Wedge-Reed System
- Microprocessor controller recalls up to 250 weld protocols, can weld by time, energy or height* and provides automatic frequency control and overload protection
- Outputs 1,500 or 2,500 watts of power to weld non-ferrous similar or dissimilar metal assemblies, including copper to aluminum
* Pre-weld and post-weld height measurements are available when machine is equipped with our Advanced HMI
View the Sonobond Ultrasonic Metal Spot Welding video