Sonobond’s ultrasonic wire welding machines have an important advantage over other types of ultrasonic wire welding machines because they use our unique, patented “Wedge-Reed” Bonding System.
This system maximizes ultrasonic wire welding effectiveness by combining low vibratory amplitude with high vibratory force. Dependability is assured by utilizing shear mode ultrasonic vibration that is parallel to the welding surface. The line of force is positioned directly over the welding surface, eliminating bending stress caused by other ultrasonic metal welders, achieving more durable welds than crimp or solder methods, and eliminating metallurgical changes such as porosity and intermetallics that can be found in fusion welds.
Sonobond’s popular Dual Head SpliceRite™ Ultrasonic Wire Welder...
- Features two ultrasonic welding heads, one on either side of the welding area, for increased welding capacity
- Ultrasonically welds copper wire bundles with cross-sectional areas of up to 100 sq. mm., making it ideal for welding heavy-duty cables used in cars, trucks and industrial machinery
- Uniquely joins wire bundles up to 60mm2 that are oxidized or lightly tinned – in just one pulse and without pre-cleaning – using our exclusive, patented Wedge-Reed System
- Creates solid-state metallurgical bonds with high conductivity and without producing arcs, sparks or fumes, or melting at the weldment
- Microprocessor controller recalls up to 250 weld protocols, can weld by time, energy or height* and provides automatic frequency control and overload protection
- Uses Sonobond's 3,500 watt power supply
*Pre-weld and post-weld height measurements are available when machine is equipped with our Advanced HMI
View the Ultrasonic Wire Splicing video
View the Dual Head SpliceRite ultrasonic metal welder video